December Daily 2020 | Day Two

Welcome to Day Two!! I was totally inspired by Tazhiana Gordon today! I wanted to cut my photo and create a flip up using this photo I took of my laptop. It came out really cool! I'm a teacher and everyday, I spend my planning period and lunch time back to back. It's so nice! I get lots of time to prep or grade, and now I'm going to also be looking at others' December Daily pages throughout the month, lol. Google caught my eye and I thought it was so cute! So I decided I wanted to tell the story of virtual teaching and the programs I use that help me out a lot. Here's a look at Day Two:
I do apologize for the lighting in my photos, I wake up at 5:00 am to take the photos and it's still dark out. The left side of the spread is the back of the pocket I created yesterday. I stamped "The Story of Today" from an Ali Edwards stamp set, cut a diamond shape (technically a rhombus) from last year's kit in half, and put a puffy star sticker from this year's kit.
I printed this photo of my work laptop in black and white and cut it to the size of the page protector (7x8.25) and I cut it right where the laptop would close. I put a chipboard circle from this year's December Daily release, punched a small circle of black star patterned paper, and adhered a number token from Tim Holtz. This photo flips up:
The bottom half of the photo is only adhered at the bottom and sides so it creates a pocket. I took screenshots of the cute google logo showing the daily websites I use, Go Guardian, and Seesaw and stuck those in the pocket. These programs are absolute life savers for teaching virtually.
When you flip up the top part of my laptop, I included my story about being a teacher in 2020. While many of us are struggling, and not enjoying teaching like this, I totally get it. I've had many rough days. Today though, I felt good and happy, and thankful for technology, and that's what I wrote about. Thank you so much for stopping by!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December Daily 2012 - Day Four

December Daily 2012 - Day One

December Daily 2014 | Day One