December Daily 2012 - Day Four

 Tonight, we trimmed the tree. Trevor and I decided to do it after Taylor went to bed. As we hung his new ornament, a football he chose himself, I couldn't help but imagine what next year will be like. If he'll be able to help us or not. I'm very anxious to see Taylor's reaction tomorrow, when he sees the lights and ornaments on the tree. For the past few days, he hasn't really payed much attention to the bare tree.
Here's my left page:
 Testing out some lights I had from last year, which we couldn't use because half the strand was out.
Here's my right page:
 The finished tree. Too bad my photos don't do it justice. I gotta learn how to take better pictures of lights and ornaments on the tree.
 I also included a 2x4 insert with the before tree with just the lights on the front,
 and the after tree all done and loaded with ornaments, old and new. I just love it! (I apologize for my horrific nails!)
Here's my Day Four spread in my album.
Thanks for stopping by.
Mallory

Comments

  1. Looks great Mallory, I still need to take a night time lights photo of our tree, wish I knew what I was doing though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the photo on the flipper! I hope Taylor loves it and doesn't try to take it apart. My son hates change and is usually a bit freaked by the tree. we have to look at pix from previous years and leave it standing bare and decorate it gradually! No sudden overnight shocks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! That is too funny! Taylor didn't seem to notice at first, then later he went to touch an ornament. I said, "no touch tree, look at tree". And he listened! Let's see how long this lasts. :)

      Delete
  3. Our tree finally has lights, but no decorations yet :) Love your Day 4!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the picture of the lights on the floor!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tree looks great and so does your layout. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the layers on the right side of your page.
    If you have a camera that allows you to change the aperture (it usually says AV) I have decent luck using a wide aperture (low number). You still have to hold the camera still, so a tripod or holding it on a couch or table helps. I like close ups personally, and taking pics before it is all the way dark outside so there is a little light other than the lights on the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The picture of the lights on the floor with your painted toes with the quote of light & wonder is great! Looking forward to more pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

December Daily 2012 Foundation Pages

December Daily 2012 - Day One