December Daily 2013 - Day One

So happy that my absolute favorite time of the year is here! There's just something about the month of December that makes my heart so happy. And even though I am very sad that this will be the first time away from home during this special time, I'm excited too to see what this town has to offer. I definitely see us just celebrating being together, the three of us, and continuing our own traditions, and perhaps starting some new ones. :)

Here's my spread for Day One:

We spent December 1st traveling back to Texas. 2 plane rides, and it felt like all day long! But I'm thankful for the morning with my parents- playing Band Hero with my mom and my dad making Mickey Mouse pancakes for Taylor. And I'm thankful for going out to breakfast with my mother-in-law and her generously driving us to the airport. It was sad to say goodbye, but we had a wonderful time and now I'm ready to start decorating our home and enjoying the season.

Here's the left page:
I adhered the airplane, geotag, and tree wood veneers with glue dots.

Here's the right page:
I included my boarding pass and some photos. Taylor did so great at the airport, on the planes...really during our entire trip and I'm so thankful that he's such a good little traveler. :)

When we got home, we discovered our Elf waiting for us upstairs. He took out the basket of advent books and held a note saying: Happy Reading. Love Elfie. Taylor was so excited to unwrap his first book, and it was The Elf on the Shelf.
Perfect start to our December!

Comments

  1. I loved this.. Please continue to post this blog so I can be with you in some small way as your Christmas holiday unfolds. Love Mom.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

December Daily 2012 - Day Four

December Daily 2012 Foundation Pages

December Daily 2012 - Day One